The Walking Stars App
Elevate your Walking Stars experience in the lead up to our one night to make a difference! The app will keep you on track with your training and connect you with other Walking Stars – plus there’s some sparkling face filters to unlock!
The Walking Stars App is free to all registered participants. Participants will be sent a unique ticket code to connect the app with their fundraising page. The Walking Stars app can be downloaded from either Google Play or the App Store.
Here’s why you should use the Walking Stars app!
- It’s free to all registered participants
- Track your training using the app’s GPS functionality
- Access exclusive selfie filters by hitting training milestones
- Inspire donations by sharing your training GPS maps
- Connect with other Walking Stars in the Feed area
- Access the map on event night and unlock new face filters as you progress through the 21km challenge. Virtual walkers can plan their own route, but the app will track your progress just like our city walkers!
- Receive your virtual medal at the end of your 21km challenge
Accessing the App
1. First, make sure you have registered for Walking Stars.
3. Register an account for the app and input your unique access code – this will be sent to all registered participants in their confirmation email – to link your Walking Stars fundraising page to the app.
Training with the Walking Stars App
You can use the Walking Stars app to log your training kms and view your team’s training leaderboard. Share your training walks with friends and family on social media to help inspire donations.
To log a training session, open the app and press ‘Start’ in the ‘Walk’ tab. The phone can be locked and put in your pocket during the walk, but you must ensure your location settings for the app are ON and set to ‘always allow’. Press the stop button when you are finished – that’s it!
Make use of our exclusive Walking Stars training plan and starry selfie filters as you progress through the ranks! Share your starry selfies with friends and family on social media.
Using the app on Event Weekend
If you start a walk on the 4 December, the 21km challenge will automatically begin.
If you want to complete the 21km challenge over several walks – press the ‘Stop’ button after you’ve completed each walk – and ‘Start’ again at the beginning of your next one. When you have reached 21km, your activity will automatically end.
Throughout the 21km journey whether you’re completing Walking Stars virtually or at our live event, you’ll reach milestones in the app and unlock two different starry face filters along the way. Plus, you’ll be able to see how your team and others taking part in Walking Stars are progressing through the feed and leaderboards.
Receive a personalised, augmented reality medal when you complete the challenge. You’ll be able to share your medal with fellow Walking Stars, friends and family.