We did it!
Thank you to the 1190 incredible Walking Stars who helped raise more than $270,664 and walked 18km through the streets of Melbourne on Saturday 3 December 2022.
The money raised is already being spent on life-saving cancer research, treatment, support and prevention programs.
Thank you for walking through the night towards a cancer free tomorrow.
The walk kicks off at 8pm through the City of Melbourne. Please see below for what’s on offer at King’s Domain from 5pm. Please read about our course route here.
5.00pm – 9.30pm
- Felafel off the Truck - Homemade falafel bowls, Tabouli salad cups, felafel wraps, middle eastern pizzas
- Amazing Calamari – Salt & pepper calamari, homemade Greek salad & hot chips
- New Order Events - Italian themed toasted sandwiches, gluten free and vegan cannoli’s along with changing Italian sweets & coffee
- Tacowey – Taco truck
- Just Char Kway Teow – Malaysian street food
- Porcupine Eatery – Italian wood fired pizza & Italian street food
- Barrel of Beans – Coffee cart
Please note food trucks are subject to change.
5.00pm – 9.00pm
- We are excited to announce Sarah Jones as our MC for the night!
- A live DJ will be playing cool lounge music from 5pm until the walk kicks off.
- A pre walk warm up will be led by Shadi and her incredible fitness instructors from B2B PT Studio!
- Our famous eco-friendly glitter station is always popular making sure you are sparkling as you light up the night for Victorians facing cancer.
- The Glow Shop will have fabulous glow items to get you set for the night with headbands, glow sticks, necklaces and some CCV retail items available to purchase. Card only.
9.00pm – Midnight
- A quick pit stop will be available for those wanting to re fuel at the Port Phillip Ferries Café.
- Coffee and light snacks will be available to purchase until midnight including water stations for you to refill your water bottles and restrooms will also be available.
- Take in the Christmas lights and city skyline before commencing your walk to the finish line!
Your incredible journey
When night falls over Melbourne on Saturday 3 December, you will set off on your 21km challenge with thousands of other sparkling stars.
As you walk through the summer evening, you will make your way past the beauty of Royal Botanic Gardens, the spectacle of AAMI Park, Marvel Stadium, and the buzz of Federation Square and Docklands after dark.
You will be completely inspired by walking with so many Victorians to support people facing cancer.
Can’t make the event? Sign up to be a virtual Walking Star!
If you can’t join us at Kings Domain on 3 December, you can still be part of the galaxy of Walking Stars by taking part in our virtual event. Simply complete your 21km in your local neighbourhood any time on 3 December.
You can keep your supporters updated on your journey by tracking your distance via your favourite fitness app and connecting it to your fundraising page.
What our stars have achieved
Walking Stars have been supporting Victorians facing cancer for 5 years. Last year, more than 1,500 incredible Walking Stars raised over $370,000 for cancer research, prevention programs and support services.
Money raised by Walking Stars is being used by cancer researchers right now to fund breakthrough cancer treatments.
Join us on 3 December 2022, to help even more Victorian families who are facing cancer.
You will be given all the tools and tips you need to help you fundraise and spread hope.
Every step you make takes us closer towards a cancer free future.
About Cancer Council Victoria
Since 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has been working to support Victorians diagnosed with cancer, as well as the people around them.
Our work aims to prevent cancer and promote early detection through programs such as QUIT and SunSmart. We also provide care and support for people facing cancer, and fund research into building a greater understanding of cancer and how it can be treated.
Find out more about Cancer Council Victoria.